Wednesday, December 3, 2014

The History of Sailors Valentines, "Presentation"



My introduction to Shell Art began in 1987 and entered my first show in 2002, since that time many stories have passed my way both in folklore and fact about the History of Sailors Valentines, 
 “There is no such thing as a Sailors Valentine, it’s a Shell Mosaic in an eight sided case, Sailors created them aboard Ships at Sea, they were all purchased in a shop in Barbados”, which finally reached a point over the years, someone needed to find the truth!

In 2007 I began my quest to separate fact from folklore and each time I would learn something new, colleges would say “you should give a presentation on the subject”, so the time has come.
  In a slide show presentation I will be shedding new light on the art form dating back to 1750 as well as how to date them and how they were constructed. 

I do hope you will be able to join me at the Bailey-Matthews National Shell Museum on December 30th at 11:30 AM or 2 PM in this new incite of Valentine History.

                                                          http://www.shellmuseum.org/

 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

 Please note:
 I will be giving this presentation at the Marco Island Shell Club on January 20, 2015 at 10 AM

                                                         http://www.marcoshellclub.com/ 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<



                                                          See my Shell Art Store on Etsy
                                                https://www.etsy.com/shop/shellartbyjordan




No comments:

Post a Comment