Friday, June 13, 2014

XXXVI 3rd update



I just received this interesting picture of the 36 inch Valentine Case. I`m told that shell artist, Pam Boynton, created the layout and placed one of the shells to be used in each section of the Valentine in correspondence with the boxes of Shells. I say this because I have always felt this was the assembly line approach, used by Barbadian Natives in the early 1800`s to create their Sailors’ Valentines.  I have also learned that besides Pam, there are two other people involved in this project and it will be on public display, but I have not been told where as yet and to watch for another update soon. I wonder if the next update will complete the whole story, I know it has me wondering.
 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See my Shell Art Store on Etsy
https://www.etsy.com/shop/shellartbyjordan
  

No comments:

Post a Comment