Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Emily did it!



Let`s hear a loud HOORAY for Emily, First place in the Philly Show's, Artistic Division, Student Class, Grades 1 thru 6.
I am thrilled for her and also thrilled for myself that she is four years old, which gives me a few years of breathing room before I would be forced to compete with her. Emily, all I ask is please let me know which category you will be entering when you reach that stage. 
This is the third blog I have written about Emily and one of the biggest reasons behind all of them was when her grandmother stated “Emily you have to win your own blue ribbon”.

It would have been a simple matter of handing her a blue ribbon off the back side of her studio door as noted in the first blog, http://seashelladdiction.blogspot.com/2013/06/emily-wants-blue-ribbon_20.html , but instead it all turned out to be a valuable lesson for Emily and those who have followed this story. There is no question in my mind that Emily will cherish that Ribbon for many years to come knowing she earned it, and her grandmother for giving her that opportunity, I couldn't be more pleased with the outcome, as I know they are.

I did ask if Emily would be entering any other shows and pleased to announce she will be entering the Sarasota http://www.sarasotashellclub.com/shell-show.html in Feb. and also the Sanibel Show in March https://sites.google.com/site/thesanibelcaptivashellclub/annual-shell-show/2014-shell-show. I wish I could have attended the Philly Show to see and hear the public's reaction to Emily's art, but grateful I will have that opportunity at the Sarasota Show.
The one thing I can tell you for sure is it's one thing to view pictures of shell art online or in books but totally another experience standing there viewing it! You owe it to yourself at least once in your life time to see shell art in it's three dimensional glory at a show.
In closing I want to say thank you to Emily and her grandmother for allowing me to tell this story about one Blue Ribbon, and what we can learn from shell art at any age. 


No comments:

Post a Comment