Natalie, her Mom and I where here Monday, where were you?
We had fun making Turtles and Mice out of Sea Shells.
And we were not the only ones having fun!
Every one here was learning how to make Shell Flowers.
All right so you couldn’t make it this past Monday, but I do expect to see
you this coming Monday for sure, besides it's great shelling weather.
Here’s all the info see you at 10:30, I’ll have the coffee on.
The Sanibel Shell Crafters of Sanibel Community Association
Come Join the Shell Crafting Fun that provides the perfect opportunity for Florida Snowbirds to turn to Show-birds!
WHO: You and all interested men and women who would enjoy working on Shell
Creations, no experience is necessary. Instruction and assistance are available.
WHERE: The Sanibel Community House, 2173 Periwinkle Way, Sanibel FL 33957
WHEN: Every Monday from 10:30 a.m.-Noon (11 months of the year) – we rest in March.
• Dessert and coffee are provided, but bring a brown- bag lunch.
• You make flowers, jewelry, animals and other creations all out of shell and other sea life.
• All materials are provided.
• You have an opportunity to learn new skills, and expand your creative instincts in a relaxed atmosphere.
• You will meet interesting people, some amateurs and some skilled professional artisans, all of whom are willing to instruct and eager to help.
• You will enjoy fun and fellowship.
COST: None! All shell creations made by our volunteers remain at the Community House.
HISTORY: The Sanibel Shell Crafters have been meeting weekly since the late 1920’s. The group was created in order to prepare for the Annual March Shell Fair. The items created by this fun loving group of volunteers are sold at the Sanibel Shell Fair each March. The proceeds from this sale go toward maintaining the Historical Sanibel Community House.
SHELLS: Since we are largely dependent on donations for our supply of shells, we welcome your collection.