Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I JUST PURCHASED A $40.00 BRICK

Shell Art is nothing more than time and patience and if you have a vision and continue to move forward it will come true as I had learned some 25 years ago in Pembroke MA.

It’s hard for me to believe that the town of Pembroke Massachusetts, a town I was very involved in is about to enter its 300th Anniversary this Sept. 



While residing there I would drive by the town green and see sawhorses being set up with plywood placed on top which meant there would be an outdoor event coming up. Every time I saw this set up I kept wondering why hasn’t the town build a bandstand on the knoll at the top of the field. So to make a long story short I got to work and as you can see I had it built in time for the Town’s 275 th Anniversary in 1987. When I found out the other day that the town had approved the construction of a wide brick walk next to the Harry Woods Memorial Bandstand to be a lasting commemoration as part of their 300th Anniversary I just had to send a check. At this very moment knowing what I had accomplished and being able to re-live that experience again thru my donation is more than I could have ever hoped for.  
So if you happen to stop by the bandstand and you see a brick with the words, 275 th ANNIVERSARY - BANDSTAND  CHAIRMAN-WILLIAM W. JORDAN ,do me a favor and please step over it.

 Lastly, before any one else gets to make this comment I do know if I hadn’t built it I could have saved myself $40.00.  
                     
“HAPPY 300th BIRTHDAY  PEMBROKE MASSACHUSETTS

1 comment:

  1. Now you can be proud of yourself because decided to participate in a history! Your seashell art is a really passion and brings a pleasure all around you.I am happy to be a little related and share your interests. I wish you the best and new tiny seashell creations!
    www.allaexpression.com and blog.
    Alla.

    ReplyDelete