Tuesday, November 29, 2011

EIGHT SIDED ART

                                                        A new size and a new style……
Well it took a while to create a thin (1/4 inch ) case but I got there. A little over 3 inches wide with a 3/8 inch shell height inside. They really turned out to be a nice delicate size in cherry, mahogany, walnut and striped maple.

This one took a “lot” of experimentation to create a dark mahogany case with a white inlay. Every time I went to stain the case the inlay would pick up the color but as you can see I found a way around the problem. I guess if you want something bad enough you can find a way to get there. Now it’s on to installing shells and yes they will be in the Sanibel Show first week in March.  I’ll see you there.   

1 comment:

  1. You did a great job again! You never stop to surprise everyone with a new ideas and unforgettable products.I like your experiments with your great artistic expressions. You bring a lot of positive emotions and a new plans in my "crazy head"...Thank, Alla.

    ReplyDelete