Friday, July 1, 2011

Red, White & Blue = GOD BLESS AMERICA

In celebration of this upcoming weekend’s Patriot festivities, I wanted to write a quick blog about how I like to honor the Fourth of July through my craft. Just like so many Americans’, this weekend is all about fun, family BBQ’s and the beach. I am fortunate enough to be able to enjoy the warm sunny Florida weather and have access to many beautiful beaches all year long; however, I also come to the beach to find my inspiration for my work.


What better way to show my gratitude towards those that have helped to keep us safe and free, than by taking a timeless piece like a pocket watch and turn it into the center of a true patriotic statement…GOD BLESS AMERICA.
Above you can see that I have blended my passion for my craft and that for the United States through shell art.  I deliberately chose to use red, white and blue to capture the colors that will light up the night this weekend. So, in the spirit of our Independence Day, I hope that you all stay safe and enjoy the countless treasures that we have been able to indulge ourselves with over the years. Enjoy this wonderful weekend and GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment