Monday, April 25, 2011

WHAT PEOPLE SAY ABOUT SHELL ART !

While sitting in my tent at the 2011 Sanibel Shell Show, showcasing some of my latest creations and answering questions from those that stopped by,  the unexpected happened! A man standing in the crowd was looking over the three little girls I had finished that were on display, he looked at me an said "Did you create these three girls?"   I said, "yes" and explained that I had fashioned them out of Urchin Spines, Bubble, Cockle and Tusk Shells. So here it comes, "You know you will have to make a Lawyer Doll, a Judge Doll and a Sea Shell Court Room!"  I asked, "why is that?"  He responded “Child Support". I didn't ask if he was a Lawyer!



2 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning shell art, your attention to detail is incredible, but most of all — your shell girls are so darn cute!!!!

    I'm so happy you've joined us here in Blogland and I look forward to seeing a lot more of your work. Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much! I am so happy to join the next wave of communications, the blogosphere. Stay tuned because my creative juices are just getting started. I feel like a kid in a candy store.

    ReplyDelete