Friday, April 29, 2011

Timeless Splendor, Elegance and Sparkle...Royal Wedding or Artful Pocket watches?

So today as more than 2 billion people around the world tuned in to watch a true fairly tale story unfold, one can only imagine that these very words came to mind as we all marveled at today's pagentry.

However, to a small but very creative circle of artists - aka SeaShell Aficionados', these are the very same terms that we have come to appreciate when describing the very nature that gets us out of bed early in the morning...the splendor of the ocean. It is there that I find myself many a mornings, with a big smile on my face, willing the day on as I collect my own treasures from the sea. It is with Mother Nature's jewels, that I allow myself to create my own fairy tale via the gems that sparkle so elegantly on the beach.

I as a loyal subject of my craft, I have come to appreciate what these very terms mean to me. The best part is that everyone has their own ability to "write" their own fairy tale. For me, I have the opportunity to do so with every pocket watch, keepsake and valentine that I long to create. Not many people can say that they truly love what they do, but for me, I am so blessed that I have found my true calling in life, and the King of my own Happiness.

As we all reflect on what these words mean to us, I for one know exactly what they mean for me. My art, my happiness and my heart is captured in every piece that I create. I am happy to share my own "crown jewels" with all those who are willing to listen to how each one has changed my life for the better. Everyone has a story, I continue to share mine. William and Kate shared their's with the world today, so I ask, what your's?




2 comments:

  1. Hi Bill, I came over from "The Fine Shell Art Blog". You must have the patience of Job to work with such small shells. . I have admired your art for many years. Nice to put a name with a face.

    Take good care,

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Karen for your comment it is always nice to know my work is appreciated. It`s also nice to have friend such as Lisa ("The Fine Shell Art Blog") who convinced me to do this, I`m having an addictive blast; Bill

    ReplyDelete